Yes we all loved the summer Kirstenbosch concerts – something quite unique to our beautiful city. Nothing like spending an afternoon picnic-ing on a lawn with a few thousand people on the largest grass bank known to man (ok, known to me) with a great sound system and a cool live bands. And lets not forget being surrounded by picturesque mountains and greenery in the botanical gardens (picturesque is a word i use to often – lucky me!).
But now its winter and lets face it – the scenery just insnt good enough to keep us outdoors.
So Kirstenbosch hosts a winter deal – more like a dinner with great big fire places, equally good bands and if you are me – lots of wine :-)
I will be going to the event this weekend: Bed on Bricks
Below is the lineup for this season:
- 31st: James Stewart – ex-The Usual singer, songwriter, producer and musical
- 7th: Jac Sharp - ‘acousticharisma’ – mix of styles, instruments & vocals
- 14th: Bed on Bricks - pop, rock, jazz combo
- 21st: Hot Water - upbeat SA beats, hopping blues, modern folk & world music
- 26th: Taxi Violence - Music inspired by Jimi Hendrix and the Rolling Stones.
- 2nd: Coda - Van Loveren Concert - one of the hottest SA bands at the moment.
- 9th: Captain Stu - Van - juxtaposes jazz & reggae tones with traditional African influences.
- 16th: Kolo Novo Movie Band - known for playing wild balkan music parties, now quieter
- 23rd: Claire Phillips – Fresh new vocalist & songwriter - jazz, funk, soul, folk
- 30th: Verity - SA singer/songwriter & inspirational speaker
- 6th: Boulevard Blues - rock classics, light jazz, soul and funk.
- 13th: Sterling EQ - sensational all-girl electric quartet creating a classical revolution
- 20th: Rudimentals - best Reggae and Ska band in the country.
- 27th: Southern Gypsy Queen - old school rock band entice with Bluesy undertones
- 4th: Josie fields - singer songwriter who supported James Blunt last year
- 11th:Napalma - interaction, between Brazil and Africa
- 18th: 7th Son – they exist on the sharp side of ‘rude, rock, reggae’
- 25th: Flat Stanley - modern rock with exceptional song-writing, beautiful melodies
Need to Know