Table Mountain - what a beaut!



Table Mountain Fun

‘When last did you go up table mountain?’, I get asked as I climbed aboard the cable-way carriage last week Tuesday.

I realised it had been about three years ago, which is quite sad considering I stay so close to the awesomness that is table mountain…

Capetownians take things for granted. We don’t visit the beach enough, go to the winelands enough, explore our amazing surrounds enough, and so I made a silent promise to myself that I wouldn’t let another three years go by before I ascended the mountain again.

And for good reason, because it is in a word, SPECTACULAR!


ON the evening we went up, it happened to be full moon and there were clouds covering all of camps bay, creating an odd illusion of clouds=ocean.

Just have a look at these pics – and if this isn’t enough of a reason t visit table mountain, then I give up.

Plus the revamped restaurant offers delicious food.

It is a little pricey, at R180 pp for a return trip. But I always suggest climbing up and then taking the cart down. It is a little strenuous on the knees, but a good way to get some fresh air and exercise.

Table Mountain has also just launched their green card, which offers members special discounted rates.

Visit http://tablemountain.net/visitor_info/cable_card/ for more info.

Comments