Authentic Mexican dining


We had dinner at EL BURRO the other night – fab little Mexican spot in Green Point (above old Doppio Zero – which I am sad to see has recently closed down).

I love El Burro for it’s cool vibe and beautiful décor.

I felt really comfortable and chilled (although that could have been the tequila’s mischievous workings).

They do have over 50 tequilas there. I tried the corello anejo, which came with a little spicy tomato drink on the side.

My best were the grilled chilli poppers – to die for! You can either get 3 or 5, so we decided to share 5.

But note – they are quite spicy!!

We then shared a chicken make-it-yourself flour taco dinner, which comes with two large tacos and loads of toppings and chicken. It doesn’t sound like much, but we couldn’t finish it all.

I also tried the traditional Mexican winter melon drink on the menu – which was fabulous, light and refreshing.

I found the food affordable and the menu in general quite affordable. The service was also quick, although I have heard people comment that it can be slow sometimes.


They also have a LUNCH SPECIAL at the moment, where main meals are half price – so worth it!!

The view of the stadium and ocean from the balcony tables is great – so if the weather is good, sit there.

81 Main Road, Greenpoint, Cape Town, 021-433-2364.

Comments