The new Bizerca Bistrot


The award-winning – some may say the best bistro in South Africa – has moved from its location in the foreshore to where the old Caveau used to be in Heritage Square on Bree/Shortmarket Street.
I went to check out the 'new' Bizerca Bistrot (no, that is not a typo) about a week ago and thoroughly enjoyed the food. It had been a while since I had eaten at the previous venue and was looking forward to trying the French-influenced cuisine...

The venue offers a great courtyard for lunches and warm evenings, while inside the restaurant offers cosy nooks, although the lighting is a little too dim for me in some parts. They also have a vertical garden, which offers a cool eco-friendly, fresh trouch.

Unfortunately I didn't have my camera with me to take images of my food, but it was delicious!
I had the tomato salad, which came with a variety of heirloom, mixed tomatoes and a spicy tomato sorbet, which, when melted with the olive oil, created such beautiful flavour.

For mains I had the impala dish, which came with a artichoke flan, bok choi and sweetish (berry flavours I think) jus. The venison was cooked to perfection - medium rare and succulent.

For dessert I had the signature Granny Smith Apple Sorbet with Calvados - delicious and strong in alcohol, so mix the melting sorbet with the Calvados to take away the harsheness....

Granny Smith Apple Sorbet with Calvados







The menu changes daily, but below are some of the regular (classic) dishes which are often available:

Tuna with roasted tomatoes and eggplant puree

Beef Fillet with stuffed mushroom and marrow and echalotte  crust

Oyster with Ginger and Cape Gooseberry
Their website is currently under construction, but should be up and running again shortly:

http://www.bizerca.com/

(021) 423 8888





Comments