Wheat-Free Vegan Super Salad

Getting bored of the usual cucumber and lettuce, but trying to get enough greens? Salads don’t need to be boring. Liven yours up by swapping iceberg lettuce for baby spinach or rocket and kale. This will also boost your nutrient count! Don’t want to lose the protein? You don’t have to. Swap out that smoked chicken or bacon for a few tablespoons of quinoa. It’s healthier too.
When I’m on deadline, I need easy-to-make desk lunches that can keep me feeling energised throughout the afternoon. I mostly stick to salads because they’re light – so I don’t get that 2:30pm lethargy – and I can cram in extra veg.



What You Need
1 handful kale
1 handful rocket
1 handful baby spinach
3 to 4 tbsp quinoa
2 tbsp mixed sprouts
2 tbsp chopped sundried tomatoes
2 tbsp thinly sliced carrot
2 tbsp shredded cabbage
A few Kalamata olives
1 tsp goji berries
1 tsp dried cranberries
A drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil
A squeeze of fresh lemon juice

Method
Toss all the ingredients together and serve. If you’re packing it for the office, don’t dress the salad until you’re just about to eat.

Comments